Stay Sleek All Day: Aveda Smooth Infusion™The Aveda Smooth Infusion™ line promises and delivers frizz-free hair, even in intense humidity. If you combine the Aveda Smooth Infusion™ products with some tips from a professional hairstylist, you’ll never have to worry about frizz again. Please book an appointment at Mill Pond Salon in New London Minnesota, and request your stylist use the Smooth Infusion™ product line from Aveda and let them speak for themselves!
What Causes Frizz?There are multiple contributing factors when it comes to frizzy hair. According to Southern Living Magazine, the following elements can cause frizz:
- Hard water. Hard water is packed with minerals your hair and skin don’t really like.
- Dehydration. If you don’t drink enough H2O, your hair can let everybody know with its frizz.
- Too much hairspray, or products with alcohol as an ingredient. Alcohol dries hair. Be sure to check the ingredients on your hair products and either cut back or cut out products with alcohol completely.
- Old hairbrushes. If your hairbrush is damaged, or dirty it could wreak havoc on your hair and make it frizzy.
- Playing with your hair. Touching up your hair throughout the day is to be expected, but if you fidget and love to play with your hair, it might be time to back off. Your habit could make your hair a frizz ball!
The Aveda Smooth Infusion™ ProductsThe Aveda Smooth Infusion™ line of hair products has a formula designed to keep your hair oh-so-sleek, even in humidity. Here are some products that Mill Pond Salon offers from this line that you can purchase to help combat your hair frizzies. Remember: Mill Pond Salon proudly sells these Aveda products online! Place an order today!
Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Shampoo
Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Conditioner
Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Smoothing Masque
Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Style-Prep Smoother ™
Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Nourishing Styling Creme
Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Naturally Straight
Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Glossing Straightener
Professional Tips for Frizz-Free Hair
- Don’t shampoo every day. Frizz might be a result of a lack of moisture. Shampooing too much can strip your hair of the natural oils it needs to stay healthy and happy.
- Invest in a satin pillowcase. Traditional cotton pillowcases can rough up your skin and hair. Satin cases are gentler on hair than regular pillowcases.
- Braid your hair. If you don’t want a satin or silk pillowcase, braid your hair while you sleep instead. A braid will help protect your hair from friction.
- Be gentle! When drying your hair, don’t be too rough. Rubbing your hair with a towel to dry it can disturb the hairs’ cuticles, causing it to become frizzy.
- Use a t-shirt to dry your hair instead. Using a t-shirt to dry your hair can be less harmful than using a towel to dry off. Pro tip: doing the hair-dry-turban-look with a cotton t-shirt is way less cumbersome, and stays up well compared to using a regular towel.
- Turn down the heat. If you frequently heat style your hair, make sure your tools aren’t too hot. Frizz can be a result of dry hair, and heat tools can exacerbate the problem. Cut back on how often you heat style your hair, or simply turn the temperature down.
- Use a boar bristle brush. Boar bristle brushes work well to combat frizz because they help smooth down your hair cuticle, make your hair look so sleek. Not to mention, these natural fiber brushes also help spread your hair’s natural oils down the length of the hair, allowing for your hair to condition itself naturally throughout the day.
- Get a hard water filter for your shower. These filters install with ease and simplicity, typically. Soft water equals soft hair.