Everything You Need to Know About Red HairRed hair is all the rage today! Many women have opted for red lately because it is a bold look. With the right hue, red hair will work for all skin tones. Mill Pond Salon is a beauty hair salon serving clients in the New London and Spicer area of Minnesota. It is our mission to help you feel beautiful in every possible way. We are a small town salon, offering beauty services you’ll find if you were in a big city like microblading, lash lifts, and hair extensions. We can help you achieve vibrant red hair or enhance your naturally red hair. In this article, we will share our secrets to care for your look.
Different Shades of Red Hair
Strawberry BlondeStrawberry blonde is a stunning color that keeps you guessing. Do your friends wonder if it’s blonde hair or red hair? Surprise! It’s a combination of both, falling right in the middle! Strawberry blonde hair is a flattering color for several skin tones because it comes in several hues. The color can be a range of copper and gold tones, so work with your stylist to find the right combination for you.
Auburn HairAuburn hair is bold and commonly described as reddish-brown. This shade of red hair can range from medium to dark shades of red. Auburn hair is lovely on several skin tones and enhances hair texture and hairstyles. There are many color hues in the family, ranging from light to dark red tones. A stylist can recommend the best combination to create a modern auburn color you will adore.
Red-Brown HairRed-brown hair blends shades of red and brown, including auburn, mahogany, burgundy, copper, and chestnut. You can create just about any combination using red and brown hues that can elevate your colored hair. Hues that are more brown than red are lovely on fair skin, while those more red-toned look fantastic on tan or dark skin. Do some research to find inspiration on the perfect red-brown hair for you.
Red HighlightsYou’ll find red highlights come in numerous options for you to create your bold, bright, or warm look. Popular red highlight shades include copper, wine-colored burgundy, and shades of strawberry blonde. Placement of highlights can vary, and your stylist can help you determine what will look best for the color you choose. You may want to place highlights throughout your hair or place them where they will best enhance your cut and face shape. We’re sure your stylist will have so many red hair color ideas to share with you during your consultation appointment.
How to Achieve Red Hair With Your StylistThere are several suggestions from experts to achieve the best red hair using hair color;
- Pick the right shade of red (the right shade being what YOU like!)
- Refrain from washing the day after you color.
- Leave it to the pros to achieve your perfect shade.
- Use a shampoo specially formulated for color-treated hair.
- Wash about every three days to fight fading.
- Do not use it over previously colored hair unless your stylist gives the go-ahead. Anytime you’re seeing a stylist to have your hair chemically treated with color or other agents, you must be honest with your stylist about what you’ve used on your hair in the past. Full-disclosure about colors, bleach, or perm solution you’ve used will let your stylist make the right decisions when creating your new look.
- Try a glaze to keep it vibrant between color appointments.
- Understand you may need more than one color appointment to achieve your desired shade
- Protect your color from sun damage with an SPF enhanced product